Each of us have personal fitness goals we are working toward in our lives. Regardless of what your goals are, there are some personal fitness tips that are sound advice for everyone to follow. Here are a few of our favorite personal fitness tips to help you get fit and feel your best:
• Drink water. We’ve heard it time and again for a reason. Too often we drink sugary sodas, caffeine laden energy drinks, and coffee that has more sugar in it than coffee. These drinks are meant to help boost your energy and get you through your day, but they end up giving you a high that you come crashing down from later. Start your day with a glass of water and a squeeze of lemon to get you energized and refreshed. Drinking a full glass of water before a meal can help you cut down on the calories you consume.
• Aim for some exercise each day. You don’t have to commit to 2 hours to the gym each day to reap the benefits of exercise. Even a brisk 10-minute walk on your lunch break can get your blood circulating and boost your energy level for the rest of the day. Aim for a solid workout at least 3 times a week, and the other days, find a way to get your heart rate up for at least a few minutes.
• Find an exercise you enjoy. If you hate exercising, maybe you aren’t going about it the right way. Exercise should leave you feeling energized and strong. There are tons of ways to be active –keep trying new things until you find the right fit for you!
• Hire a trainer at least once. Hire a trainer to get you started and show you new exercises and proper form. A personal trainer is the perfect guide to get you on your way and will have plenty of their own personal fitness tips to pass on to you.
• Don’t diet. Find a healthy balance of foods you enjoy. All foods can be enjoyed in moderation, even the not-so-healthy ones. The key to eating right is learning to enjoy a wide variety of foods.